Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Section 9: Confections: Items 927 - 1001

Please note that I have linked as many of the 1001 to links on the web, such as wikipedia (those that have links are underlined). I have also indicated in italics and bold, the ones that I have tried. I anticipate over the course of the year, writing about each ingredient, but for the purpose of these lists, I felt that a general list was probably the best.


Section 9: Confections

  1. Crystallized Ginger
  2. Candied Citrus Peel
  3. Ameixas d'Elavas
  4. Titaura
  5. Licorice Drop
  6. Maple Candy
  7. Doncaster Butterscotch
  8. Buttermint
  9. Vichy Mint
  10. Lowzina
  11. Peppermint Rock
  12. Qum Sohan
  13. Turron de Jijona
  14. Montelimar Nougat
  15. Habshi Halwa
  16. Pista Burfi
  17. Cornish Fudge
  18. Soft Caramel
  19. Salt caramel
  20. Dried Fruit in Chocolate
  21. Truffle
  22. Creole Praline
  23. Green Walut Gliko
  24. Black Butter
  25. Amardine
  26. Seville Orange Marmalade
  27. Rowan Jelly
  28. Fig Jam
  29. Sour Cherry Jam
  30. Damson Jam
  31. Plum Slatko
  32. Wild Beach Plum Preserve
  33. Beech Honeydew
  34. Heather Honey
  35. Hymettus Honey
  36. Sidr Honey
  37. Blackstrap Molasses
  38. Lemon Sorbet
  39. Kashta
  40. Salep Ice cream

Confections: 49/73 Tasted - 67%


Yippee!! Over 50%. Feels so ridiculous that I am excited about this, but there you go. Also kind of interesting that the ones that I haven't tried are all primarily from India or the Middle East and are all quite bizarre. I think that I foresee a trip to the local Indian supermarket in my future!

I also just jotted down the honey's on the list as I have just run out and what a better excuse to try one of the new ingredients than an actual need? I think that I'll hit Whole Foods, as they tend to have a ton of honey's and jams. I'll let you know how it goes.


Happy Tasting!

No comments: