Sunday, January 4, 2009

View on 2009

I don't make resolutions. I think that they are stupid and that if I am going to make changes in my life they are not because of a day or for a year, they are because I want to do something differently. So isn't it ironic that this year I find myself facing some views on eating in the new year? There not big things, but here they are:
  1. I will be cognizant and aware of what I eat, remembering to taste and enjoy everything
  2. I am going to make a conscious effort to eat locally as much as possible, and support the local producers and purveyors of foods
  3. I am going to make a conscious effort to eat organically where I feel that it makes a difference - milk, eggs etc.
  4. I will attempt to cook more often at home
  5. I will attempt to buy groceries on a regular basis (sounds stupid, but I have never done this).
  6. I am comitted to trying more of the 1001 things on my list with friends and family

No comments: