Saturday, November 29, 2008

Missing things from the list

The one thing that I forgot to think about which I think is a really valuable question with all these lists is: Is there anything missing from the list? What would I add? In the vegetable department, I'm shocked to not see a happy head of broccoli (my fave veggie) or a really good heirloom tomato or what about the lovely fingerling potato??? All of these would be at the top of my list. I think that the challenge with the list of ingredients is that they are really varied and focused in the east. I think that I will keep a list on the side of this blog with suggestions of things that I get in the comments or elsewhere of missing items.

I have yet to look at where the book was published and I am not going to look until I have completed transcribing the lists. I want to guess. Currently I think the publisher and list creators are British. There is too much Indian and Eastern Asian food for them to be North American. I'm sure that a Macintosh Apple would have made the fruit list if they had lived anywhere near where you could eat one right off the tree........

No comments: