Friday, November 28, 2008

An evaluation of the Book

1001 Foods You Must Taste Before You Die is very smartly set out on so many levels. It is divided up into 9 sections:


  1. Fruit

  2. Vegetables

  3. Dairy

  4. Fish

  5. Meats

  6. Aromatics

  7. Grain

  8. Bakery

  9. Aromatics

I like the division of the sections and the way that it is all laid out. The photography is fabulous and the writing is fun, but I have to say that I am disappointed that the foods listed under the sections are not listed alphabetically. I know that it is a little thing, but it is an annoying thing. I am not sure how I am going to sort them well, but I would have preferred that they were alphabetical.

The best part is the Taste ideas at the bottom of each ingredient. I have thouroughly enjoyed reading the ones for the ingredients that I have no ideas what they are. It'll be neat to see how our tasting compares to the tastes outlined in the book.

No comments: